Dice 4 Diversity has contacted the ACT COVID-19 Helpline and received advice that it is now safe for us to commence role play sessions. We have also contacted the operator of the venue and have been advised that sessions can safely be run in the venue. In order to mitigate the risk of COVID-19, the following arrangements have been put in place:
Maintain appropriate social distancing (1.5 metres) and wherever possible, physical contact should be avoided (hand shaking, hugs).
We will have a strong focus on good hygiene practices, including:
- Wiping down the tables, chairs and door handles of the game room with anti‑bacterial wipes prior to the session commencement.
- Applying alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after each session (this will be supplied).
- Wearing of face masks for all parties during sessions if required (these will be supplied).
- Wiping all surfaces and equipment that are used during the session with anti‑bacterial wipes at the end of each session.
- Covering my mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing and disposing the used tissue and sanitising my hands immediately. We ask that you do the same whilst sessions are running. Please note, that I am currently healthy with no sign of cold or respiratory tract infection.
I have also completed the Federal Government/Aspen Medical Infection Control Training – COVID 19 online training.
No sharing of equipment
Due to the restrictions on sharing equipment, all participants will be issued the required equipment and advised that they are not allowed to share or use other participant’s equipment. The game facilitator will handle all the models on the table to minimise the risk of any transmission.
Sessions will be postponed or rescheduled if participants (including myself) show any symptoms of COVID-19 or signs of illness.
- As a precaution, my temperature will be checked before leaving home each morning and if 37.5 or above or I am showing signs of fever or a respiratory tract infection, we will need to reschedule the session.
- If you are unwell with symptoms of fever or a respiratory tract infection (such as sore throat, cold, cough, aches, or shortness of breath), we would prefer if you rescheduled. 24 hours’ notice is preferred, but during this pandemic if you inform us 2 hours prior to our session start time that is okay.
We apologise for any inconvenience these extra safety measures may cause, however, it is our obligation to do our best to reduce the spread of the virus.